How to Apply

Apply Now Application Requirements Study Permit Co-op Work Permit

Keyano College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and can accept and enroll international students with a study permit. Read through the International Student Guide for information about applying, fees, requirements, and health insurance. 

Apply now

You can submit your application online through Apply Alberta. If you would like to apply to one of our programs, you should begin the application process well in advance of the program start date. This process can take at least six months.

The college will be closed afternoon of December 22nd to January 1st and will reopen January 2nd, application processing will be impacted, please expect delays. We will continue to work through applications in the order they are received once the college reopens, please login to your MyKeys ( to view your application status.

 Interested in becoming a Keyano international Student Ambassador and receiving a tuition waiver? See our International Student Ambassador Waiver Policy. 

Application requirements

Along with your form and fee, you will need to include the following information with your application:

  • International education credentials, certificates and final exam results 
  • A copy of your diploma or degree if applicable
  • Your English Language proficiency results
  • Any documents that your program requires

After we review your documents, you may be required to complete an International Qualifications Assessment Service assessment on all official documents.

Get your study permit

If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must obtain a valid Study Permit before you come to Canada. For additional information on obtaining an Apply for Study Permit, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Tuition Maximum Letters

Co-op Work Permit  

Many Keyano College programs have a mandatory work-integrated aspect of their learning component. Students in these programs, at some point in their studies, will be required to go on a practicum, or co-op. International students are required to obtain a co-op work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) prior to the beginning of their practicum.  Learn more from the Canadian government about co-op programs for international students. 

To apply for your co-op work permit you will need a letter from Keyano College which confirms that you need to complete work and/or community service placements. 

Below is a list of all Keyano College programs that require a Co-op Work Permit letter. Accepted international student will received their     Co-op Work Permit letter alongside their Letter of Acceptance (LOA). If you have not received your Co-op Work Permit letter when you receive your LOA please email

  • Business Administration Management Co-op Diploma
  • Business Administration Accounting Co-op Diploma
  • Business Administration Human Resource Management Diploma
  • Office Administration Certificate
  • Early Learning and Child Care Certificate
  • Early Learning and Child Care Diploma
  • Educational Assistant Certificate
  • Environmental Technology Co-op Diploma
  • Social Work Diploma
  • Health Care Aide Certificate
  • Practical Nurse Diploma
  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing