Apply online with ApplyAlberta, or download an application form here and arrange to have official high school transcripts and all official post-secondary transcripts (if applicable) sent directly to:
Office of the Registrar
8115 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2H7
Keyano College requires that all applications be submitted with a non-refundable application fee. Applications received without receipt of this fee will not be processed ($50 domestic students, $100 international students).
For apprenticeship admission procedures please see the Apprenticeship & Industry Training Website.
Applications are processed according to the date they are received, so early application is advised. The application period will normally open on the following dates for Academic programs:
- Fall term (September to December): Application period opens October 1st of the previous year.
- Winter term (January to April): Application period opens February 1st of the previous year.
- Apprenticeship, Trades and Heavy Industrial programs have continuous intakes where the application period is year-round.
Application Deadlines for 2015-2016
Fall 2015 – Apply Now!
- International Applicants – May 1, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering – June 15, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – June 15, 2015
- Other Fall programs – Apply as soon as possible. Programs fill fast.
Winter 2016 – Applications Open February 2, 2015
- International Applicants – September 1, 2015
- Process Operations Coop - November 20, 2015
To be admitted to Keyano College, applicants must meet the general requirements outlined below, as well as the specific requirements for the program to which they are applying. Specific admission requirements are listed with each program section of the Credit Calendar.
For most programs, applicants are accepted on a first qualified, first served basis once their application and supporting transcripts/documents have been received. For programs with an enrolment limit, the College reserves the right to employ academic rating scales for admission purposes.
Students currently enrolled in Grade 12 will be considered for early conditional admission on the basis of marks received to date and current enrolment.
For admission purposes at Keyano College, the G.E.D. is not considered a high school equivalent diploma.
General Entry Requirements
- Admission to Keyano College is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older and who meet the basic admission requirements for the programs to which they are applying. Students under the age of 18, who have completed a high school diploma, are turning 18 years of age in their first academic year at Keyano College, and who meet the basic admission requirements for the programs to which they are applying will also be eligible for admission. Students who do not meet age requirement, but have a high school diploma and meet program admission requirements will require approval from the Registrar.
- Regardless of country of origin or citizenship, applicants for all programs (except College Preparation and Academic Foundations) must demonstrate English Language Proficiency, as outlined in the Credit Calendar. Specific English Language Proficiency requirements are listed under each program section.
- Students who have attended another post-secondary institution and have received a GPA of less than 1.0 or equivalent may be admitted as probationary students upon the recommendation of a Special Cases Committee consisting of College personnel.
- Students with a GPA of less than 1.0 or equivalent from Keyano College may be re-admitted as probationary students upon the recommendation of a Special Cases Committee consisting of College personnel.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements may request to have their status reviewed by a Special Cases Committee which includes a Counsellor, the appropriate Program Chair and the Registrar. The decision of this group shall be final.
When submitting an application for admission students must arrange to have their official transcripts of high school and post-secondary education (college, university, technical institute) sent directly to the Office of the Registrar. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to Keyano College to be considered official.
Once submitted, all transcripts become the property of Keyano College, and will not be returned to the applicant. This is standard practice among Canadian post-secondary institutions and is designed to protect the transcript’s authenticity. Photocopied documents are not acceptable.
Alberta High School Transcripts
Keyano College will obtain Alberta High School transcripts from ApplyAlberta.
Other Provincial High School Transcripts
High School Transcripts from Other Provinces can be obtained by contacting the appropriate education board of the province in which you attended or are attending high school. Ontario high school students can apply for transcripts directly from the high school attended.
Complete listing of provinces and the appropriate contacts
Current High School Students
Students applying to academic programs should submit a copy of their final marks to date as well as current enrolment to be considered for early conditional acceptance. Students should also remit a copy of their statement of marks upon completion of high school. Please note that students are required to ensure they order their official high school transcripts be sent directly to Keyano College upon completion of the academic year to be reviewed for full acceptance.
Keyano College will obtain Alberta post-secondary transcripts from ApplyAlberta.Transcripts from other post-secondary institutions must be issued and signed by the institution and bear their official seal. (It is not necessary to request official transcripts for course work previously completed at Keyano College.) In order to obtain official copies of your post-secondary transcripts, contact the Registrars Office at the institution(s) you attended.