Hours of Operation & Contact
Monday - Friday 5:00 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Holidays 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Reach our Guest Services at 780.791.7792.
Like us on Facebook Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre
For real time updates follow us on Twitter @keyanoSSWC
Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre
Welcome to Keyano College and our Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre. Dedicated to the promotion of health, fitness and sport excellence, we offer students, faculty, staff and members of the community an array of non-credit programs and services. Keyano College's Sport & Wellness department is focused on enriching your life experience, enabling you to pursue a more active and healthy lifestyle. From a wide variety of youth development programs, challenging fitness classes, numerous adult sport leagues, and outstanding post-secondary high performance opportunities with Huskies Athletics, Keyano College has something for everyone.
Our professional staff have the training and credentials you expect from the place where sports excellence lives. Our dynamic team members are leaders in their chosen fields of study, experts in sport development, physical training, and in the use of sport science to help you achieve your very personal goals.
The home of the Keyano Huskies, the state of the art Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre offers opportunities to aspiring athletes and fans that enjoy watching outstanding college level action in a variety of sports. Dynamic, progressive, and customer-focused, we invite you to discover our amazing facility and the positive difference that the Keyano College Sport & Wellness team can make in your health and wellness journey, or in making your sports excellence dreams come true.
Construction of the Sport & Wellness Centre began on April 7, 2006 when the first piling was drilled with an occupancy date of September 24, 2007.
The Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre provides people with quality and diverse sport and wellness opportunities through education, training, programming and facilities.
Providing a mixture of structured and casual sport and wellness opportunities that embrace the needs of Keyano College, residents of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB), as well as local/regional/and provincial sporting organizations, we are committed to:
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment within our facility
- Providing programs and services that promote individual and community development
- Providing adult and youth programming initiatives that promote healthy and active lifestyles
- Developing and implementing resources and programming that reach out to the prominent "Shift Worker" population of the RMWB
- Providing high performance training for those athletes wanting to pursue athletics at an elite level, and continuing the commitment of Keyano College to provide excellent education training and services
- Alberta Sport Development Centre - North East
- Keyano College Huskies Athletics
- Adult Sport Programming
- Youth Sport Programming
- Fitness Centre
- Shifting to Wellness
- Be Fit for Life