Supply Management Training courses and seminars are offered by Keyano College in partnership with the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA). These sessions meet the full standard of the Canadian Supply Chain Sector National Accreditation Program, which was established to recognize programs that meet the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council’s national standards, reflecting industry needs and educators’ best practices. Supply Management Training consists of courses which cover the essential tools and techniques practitioners need to operate in today’s demanding business environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Junior Buyers, Purchasing Assistants, Production Planners, Warehouse Clerks, Material Handlers, Logistics Administrators, Inventory Coordinators as well as Associates, Analysts and Specialists
• Individuals who work outside of the supply management field but have some procurement, logistics, transportation and/or operations responsibilities.
• Those with supervisory/management responsibility seeking basic knowledge of their direct reports’ supply management functional areas.
• Anyone who influences an organization’s procurement decisions.
Participants can enroll in a single course or seminar, or complete the entire package of courses and seminars. Those who wish to complete the entire package in Supply Management Training must register with Alberta Institute SCMA prior to completing their first course or seminar.
This certificate has been updated to include some courses in blended learning format. Students will be required to spend some time in class and some hours on their own with an online learning component. Students will access iLearn for all course materials and online components within the course time-frame. This is designed to increase accessibility and flexibility within the program. Textbooks are available for purchase at Keyano Bookstore.
For more information on this change visit our iLearn Course Access Information page.
• This program can be completed in one year, depending on course availability.
• Minimum of 80% attendance required in all courses.
• Passing grade for all courses is 60%
Grades and official transcripts are sent out from the Supply Chain Management Association of Alberta. If you do not receive notification of your grade, please contact SCMA Alberta by phone 780-944-0355, or toll free 1-866-610-4089.
*IMPORTANT: This course contains pre-course reading and/or assignments. Please click here for more information.
|Intro to Procurement
||Communication and Relational Skills*
||Intro to Accounting & Finance*
|Intro to Logistics
|Intro to Marketing*
|Intro to Transportation
||Competitive Bidding, Contract Preparation & Contract Management*
|Intro to Business Planning*
|Intro to Operations Management