5 Great Reasons to Subscribe
- Great Seating - Choose your seats and keep them all year for the next three plays
- Great Flexibility - You can exchange tickets for another night or arrange for additions to your party
- Great Benefits - Subscribers and donors have exclusive access to Syncrude Arts Alive Presents concert tickets before they are released to the general public
- Great Savings - Save time and money with a Season Subscription
- Great Concerts - 10% off select 2018/2019 Syncrude Arts Alive Presents tickets
Onstage this season:
by Michele Riml
October 4, 5, 11, 12,13
After twenty-five years of marriage, the emergence of love handles and receding hairlines, Alice and Henry have hit a physical plateau. With a copy of Sex for Dummies in hand Alice convinces Henry into a weekend of alone time in the hopes of seducing him and unearthing her inner vixen. Henry, however, wants to keep things the way they are—comfortable and easy. Exploring every fantasy from leather to lace, Alice and Henry portray every couple’s desire to grow together but maintain individuality.
Funny, lovable and true. Award winning Vancouver playwright Michele Riml hits all the right spots with Sexy Laundry—yes, all the spots.
Jean Shepherd's - A Christmas Story
Adaptation by Philip Grecian (based on the film)
November 22, 23, 24, 29, 30 at 8:00 pm & December 1 at 2:00 and 8:00 pm
He’s back! One boy. One holiday wish. And a world that seems to be conspiring to make certain it doesn’t come true. The record-breaking show returns to the stage in all its pink-bunny-suit, glowing-leg-lamp, triple-dog-daring glory. The perfect holiday treat for the entire family.
Humorist Jean Shepherd's memoir of growing up in the midwest in the 1940s follows 9-year-old Ralphie Parker in his quest to get a genuine Red Ryder BB gun under the tree for Christmas.
Music and Lyrics by BENNY ANDERSSON, BJORN ULVAEUS
and some songs with STIG ANDERSON
Book by CATHERINE JOHNSON
Originally conceived by JUDY CRAYMER
February 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, at 8:00 pm February 23 at 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm
The story-telling magic of ABBA's timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship, creating an unforgettable show. A large cast, non-stop laughs and explosive dance numbers combine to make Mamma Mia! a guaranteed smash hit for any theatre. A mother. A daughter. Three possible dads. And a trip down the aisle you'll never forget!
Mamma Mia! Facts:
- Mamma Mia! has grossed $2 billion worldwide since premiering in 1999.
- Over 54 million people have seen the musical in 40 different countries.
- It is said that, on any given day, there are at least seven performances of the musical being performed around the world.
- At the time of this writing, the Broadway production was ranked the tenth-longest running musical in Broadway history.
- Mamma Mia! has brought a renaissance to ABBA's music. Following the London premiere in 1999, the album, ABBA Gold, topped charts in the United Kingdom for the second time in fifteen years.
- The London production of the musical was one of the first times that three women (producer, Judy Craymer; book writer, Catherine Johnson; and director, Phyllida Lloyd) collaborated as a creative team. Its immense commercial success has been significant to the image of female creators in musical theatre.
- In June 2005, the Las Vegas production played its 1000th performance, becoming the longest-running West End or Broadway musical to ever play in Vegas.
- Mamma Mia! has premiered in more cities faster than any musical in history.
- Mamma Mia! has been translated into fourteen languages, including: German, Japanese, Spanish, Danish, French, and Chinese.
- The show is the first major musical to play concurrently in three German cities, with productions in Hamburg, Stuttgart and Essen all running in 2007.
- The Chinese premiere at the Shanghai Grand Theatre on July 11, 2011, was the first time a contemporary Western musical was presented in Chinese in Shanghai.
- A film adaptation of Mamma Mia! was released in July 2008. Featuring much of the creative team from the original London production, it starred Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried and Pierce Brosnan.
- February 15th 2019 Mamma Mia! Premiers in Fort McMurray!
THE INVISIBLE - Agents of Ungentlemanly Warfare
by Catalyst Theatre
Book, music and lyrics by Jonathan Christenson
From the creators of Frankenstein, Nevermore – The Imaginary Life & Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe, Hunchback and Vigilante
April 25, 26, 27, May 2, 3, 4 at 8:00pm
Catalyst Theatre’s newest original work, presented first on the Keyano Theatre stage.
Inspired by a true story, this Spy Noir Musical follows the unlikeliest of secret agents; six daring young women who risk tier lives to save the world. Filled with danger and intrigue, THE INVISIBLE - AGENTS of UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE tells the unexpected story of six irrepressible girls _ unsung heroes in the war against fascism, fearless renegades who are ahead of their time and brave martyrs who are willing to pay the ultimate price for what they believe.
*All plays subject to change due to rights and availability
To purchase your Season Subscription call or visit:
Keyano Box Office
Or purchase your Subscription online here:
Orchestra Level Sponsors