We are pleased to announce that the Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre is set to open October 15, 2013. We will be welcoming back our students, staff and community members with all new cardio equipment, technology and flooring. Come celebrate our reopening on October 18th and 19th when we welcome back the Keyano Huskies Men's and Women's Basketball teams on their new hardwood as they play their season home opener games! There will be a family fun zone, prizes, SSWC membership specials and more.
For real time updates follow us on Twitter @keyanocollege
Construction of the Sport & Wellness Centre began on April 7, 2006 when the first piling was drilled with an occupancy date of September 24, 2007.
The Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre provides people with quality and diverse sport and wellness opportunities through education, training, programming and facilities.
Providing a mixture of structured and casual sport and wellness opportunities that embrace the needs of Keyano College, residents of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB), as well as local/regional/and provincial sporting organizations, we are committed to:
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment within our facility
- Providing programs and services that promote individual and community development
- Providing adult and youth programming initiatives that promote healthy and active lifestyles
- Developing and implementing resources and programming that reach out to the prominent "Shift Worker" population of the RMWB
- Providing high performance training for those athletes wanting to pursue athletics at an elite level, and continuing the commitment of Keyano College to provide excellent education training and services
- Alberta Sport Development Centre - North East
- Keyano College Huskies Athletics
- Adult Sport Programming
- Youth Sport Programming
- Fitness Centre
- Shifting to Wellness
- Be Fit for Life