Library Computer Workstations
- 29 PC stations running Windows 7
The PC stations have the following:
- MS Office 2007 Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher, Picture Manager)
- ArcGIS Desktop 10
- Keyboarding Pro Deluxe
- Internet Explorer & Firefox with the following plug-ins:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Real Player
- Windows Media Player
- Available through enrollment:
- Pixalyard, Mentor 3D
- Simply Accounting 2010
- All Library computers with the exception of the OPAC stations, have access to printing.
- DVD-R/RW drives
- USB ports
- Headphone jacks
- 4 PC stations running Windows XP, across from Library entrance
- 1 PC station running Windows XP located by the Atlases
- Access to the Library Catalogue only. No logon required. These stations are not connected to a printer and cannot be used to access ebooks/online resources.
All Library computers, with the exception of the OPAC stations, have access to printing:
- 1 Ricoh black & white/colour printer (located in the Library Computer Lab) named Capri. All computers in the lab automatically default to Capri.
The public photocopier located near the Library entrance is coin-operated. There is a fee of $0.15 per side for black and white and $0.50 per side for colour copying.
The photocopier also has a "scan to email" feature that is free of charge.
Viewing Carrel / DVD drives
For individual, in-Library use of media items, there is a carrel located near the Atlas Collection in the library. It is equipped for viewing of DVDs and VCR cassette tapes. Headphones can be signed out from the circulation desk. DVDs can also be viewed on any Library computer.