The college has 3 types of computer labs:
Important Notice: individuals using any of the college computing resources admits acceptance to the Computer Usage Agreements and the Computer Usage Controls. For details, visit www.keyano.ca/cut
- Info-Common Computer Lab: Located on the main floor of the Syncrude Technology Center in Clearwater Campus. This lab has 40 computers available to individuals with Keyano Electronic ID (KeID). Students, Faculty, and Staff may access it anytime during usual hours of operation. Individuals using this lab must have valid Keyano College student or staff ID cards to show when requested.
- Controlled Open Labs: These are open labs that are supervised by College personnel. Access to the computers in these areas will require permission from the attendant. Presently, there are the following Controlled Open Labs:
- Library: located in the main floor of the Clearwater Campus, next to Student Services.
- SKILL Center: located in the main floor of the Clearwater Campus, next to the Nursing Department.
- Fort Chipewyan Campus Library: Located in the main floor of the Fort Chipewyan Campus.Instructional
3. Computer Labs:
these labs are dedicated for instructional
purposes. Students may use these labs when available and with the
permission of the instructors.
Computer Lab Locations
Room Code Building Name # of Computers
BL106 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 9
BL131 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 17
BL133 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 13
BL141 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 17
BL143 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 17
BL144 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 16
BL154 Bob Lamb Building - Main Floor 13
CC144A Clearwater Campus - Main Floor 33
CC239 Clearwater Campus - 2nd Floor 10
CC266 Clearwater Campus - 2nd Floor 10
CC282 Clearwater Campus - 2nd Floor 25
S105 Syncrude Technology Center - Main Floor 25
S107 Syncrude Technology Center - Main Floor 25
S205 Syncrude Technology Center - 2nd Floor 25
S207 Clearwater Campus - 2nd Floor 12
S207 Syncrude Technology Center - 2nd Floor 25
SEIC23 Suncor Energy and Industrial Campus - Main Floor 25
SEIC68 Suncor Energy and Industrial Campus - Main Floor 13
FC01 Fort Chipwayen Learning Center 25
GL01 Gregoire Lake Learning Center 15
CK01 Conklin Learning Center 15
JV01 Janvier Learning Center 15
MK01 Fort McKay Learning Center 15
ED01 Edmonton Office 15
All our instructional classrooms are equipped with high level technology equipment to enhance the learning experience. We have 88 classrooms that are equipped with computers, projectors, VCR, DVD Players and Audio Systems. SETC is leading a project of introducing the Smart Board in all out instructional classrooms.
Supporting Computer Labs
Our computer labs are maintained by one of our IT support specialists. We carry out preventive maintenance and do a routine check of labs every week. All Teacher Computer Stations are configured to communicate with the HelpDesk technician in real time through MSC communication system.
Computer Labs Operating Hours
Monday to Friday: 7 am to 10 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8 am to 5 pm
Access to the labs may be limited from time to time due to instructional needs.