On Saturday, December 16th, two of our student athletes were involved in a fatal accident on Highway 63.
We are deeply saddened by this tragic event and our thoughts and sympathies are with their family and friends. Keyano’s Mental Health Team is providing trauma counseling and additional mental health resources are being made available at the college. We will do whatever we can to support our students, faculty, and staff during this difficult time.
Our flags have been placed at half-staff in honour of our two students. In the coming days we will work with our students and staff to consider ways to celebrate their lives.
To offer online condolences click here.
As we break for the holiday, please reach out if you need help. Anytime. Anywhere.
- If in crisis please call 211
- Mental Health Helpline 1.877.303.2642
- CMHA Distress Line 780.482.4357.
- SOS Crisis Line 780.743.4357
- RMWB Counselling Services 780.743.7910
- Or Walk In Clinic at 10217 Queen Street in Fort McMurray or call 780.793.8360
Keyano students also have access to Empower Me Counselling services should they need to reach out for help or support over the holidays. Please find a link here.