(Fort McMurray, AB – June 15, 2016) – Keyano College’s Office of the Registrar will begin taking applications and registrations for the fall semester starting Monday, July 4.
“We are excited to return and begin enrollment for our fall semester and upcoming academic year,” said Peter Lawlor, Interim Vice President, Academic. “We want to thank our students and stakeholders for their patience during the wildfire evacuation and recovery and we look forward to serving the educational needs of our community.”
The following timeline has been identified for the resumption Keyano College business operations:
- June 22: The Office of the Registrar re-opens to provide a variety of services to students. Services include student advising, inquiries about applications, transcript requests, T2202A requests, documentation pick-up and drop-off (for applications), and more.
- June 28: Apprenticeship registration opens. Please visit keyano.ca/wildfire for a FAQ related to Apprenticeship registration.
- July 4: Registration and application for all programs opens for the fall semester. This also includes non-credit programming, Basic Safety Orientation, and Testing Services. Online registration opens at this time as well (please note: registration for apprenticeship programs must be done in person or over the phone).
For those who are visiting the Office of the Registrar in person, please use Entrance A, nearest the Franklin Avenue/King Street green space, or Entrance F, nearest the Theatre and Clearwater Hall parking lot. Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Registrar may also be contacted at 780-791-4801, toll free 1-800-251-1408, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a three step process for those who are interested in studying at Keyano College:
- Application: beginning July 4, you may apply through applyalberta.ca or in-person at the Registrar.
- Acceptance: upon acceptance at Keyano College, a username and password will be provided.
- Registration: Registration may be done in person or online, at www.selfservice.keyano.ca. To access online registration, please use the username and password received upon acceptance.
As a reminder about registration, the Office of the Registrar will be reaching out to students who have already applied and been accepted for the fall session. Similarly, the Registrar will be contacting apprenticeship students and other students via email who were impacted by the cancellation of the spring session due to the wildfire.
For more information on the impact of the wildfire on Keyano College, please visit keyano.ca/wildfire. This page contains information related to a variety of operations at the College.
- 30 -
Director, Marketing & Communications
780-588-4777 | Matthew.email@example.com