We know that Keyano College students have many concerns and questions about their programs and courses. The College computer network remains down, which limits our access to information. This has also impacted our website (though an information page is available at keyano.ca), as well as student and staff email. These issues are being worked on remotely, but there is no timeline at this time when it will be resolved.
The following is what we know at this point:
1. All courses scheduled for the Spring Session that were to start Monday May 9 have been cancelled.
2. All continuing education courses have been cancelled until further notice.
3. Students will be refunded for courses that are cancelled. We will provide details on this process at a later time.
4. Apprenticeship course alternatives are being evaluated and further information will be sent when available.
5. As mentioned above, we do not have access to our Student Information System, therefore we are unable to access any student information, and we are:
· Unable to print transcripts.
· Unable to print parchments (certificates and diplomas).
· Unable to print enrolment confirmation letters.
· Unable to verify student Fort McMurrray address.
We are hoping to get access to the data soon, but until then will be limited in what we can do.
6. Students will be refunded for rent in college-based housing for the evacuation period. We will provide details on the process at a later time.
7. Students who made payments online or through automatic account/credit card withdrawals after evacuation will be refunded, except for prior balanced owing. We will provide details on the refund process at a later time.
8. There is no information at this time related to Office Administration Work Experience.
9. Interviews for Haul Truck, Heavy Equipment Operator, and Social Work have been suspended until further notice.
10. Registration is not available for Fall 2016 at this time.
11. There is no information at this time related to new applicants for Fall 2016.
12. As part of their emergency updates the Province has put out some important general information about post-secondary education, apprenticeship, and student aid. Visit Alberta’s Emergency (alberta.ca/emergency) and see the section “Post-secondary and apprenticeship students.”
13. For international students, we are contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada and will provide an update when we have more information.
14. Any student who feels they would like to talk to a counsellor can contact us at Keyano.CDS@gmail.com and we will put you in touch with one of our counsellors.
If you have any urgent questions that are not answered by this message you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to you as soon as we can. Given our limited access to information and resources at this time, we appreciate your patience.
Further updates will be posted to our primary social media accounts, facebook.com/keyanocollege and @KeyanoCollege, when new information is available.