Keyano College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI # O19283886532) eligible to accept and enrol international students on a study permit.
Classes at Keyano College fill quickly and applying for a study permit can be a lengthy process, therefore it is recommended that international students begin the admissions process at least six months prior to the program start date.
- The application and document deadline for the fall semester is May 1.
- The application and document deadline for the winter semester is September 1.
Admission to Keyano College is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older and who meet the basic admission requirements for the programs to which they are applying. Applicants who will be turning 18 years of age in their first academic year at Keyano College, and who meet the basic admission requirements for the program to which they are applying will also be eligible for admission. Applicants who do not meet the age requirement, but have a high school diploma and meet program admission requirements will require approval from the Registrar.
How to Apply
Please include the following with your application:
- Clear and legible international educational credentials or certificates and final examination results beginning with the final year of secondary school. Certified official documents are required. Upon request, documents from overseas will be photocopied and originals returned to the applicant.
- International Qualification Assessment Service assessment of certified official documents is recommended. After initial review by Keyano College Admissions, some applicants may be required to provide this assessment.
Assessment Services are available through:
International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS)
9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 - 108 Street,
Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5K 2J5
Phone: (780) 427-2655
Fax: (780) 422-9734
- Copy of diploma/degree if applicable
- English Language proficiency results
- $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- Any other documents that are part of the admission requirements for a specific program
Applications must be submitted through Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS), applyalberta.ca. The $100.00 non-refundable application fee per program must be paid when the application is submitted. Applications received without payment will not be processed.
Email all supporting documentation to Admissions@keyano.ca
To be Eligible to Study in Canada
If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada you must obtain a valid study permit before you come to Canada.
To obtain your study permit you must:
- Have a valid passport
- Apply to Keyano College and receive your letter of acceptance
- Submit a completed application with the requested fees to the Canadian Embassy or to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in your country
- You must provide proof that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.
Note: International Students are not eligible for the following programs:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Power Engineering Co-op
- Process Operations Co-op
- Health Care Aide
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Mechanical & Construction Trades Preparation (MCTP)
- Power Engineering: CML (with the exception of CNRL)
It is important that you subscribe to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) as soon as you arrive in Canada. You will need an Alberta Health Care Identification Card, Blue Cross Card or another private insurance plan identification card to access the health care system.
Students authorized to stay in Canada for 12 months or longer are required to register with AHCIP. You will be eligible to apply and to receive coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of your arrival in Canada. A copy of your Study Permit and /or your Temporary Resident Visa will be required when you apply for AHCIP.
AHCIP pays for services provided by Physicians (doctors) and oral surgeons. It also pays a portion of the cost of treatment provided by optometrists, chiropractors, podiatrists, and physical therapists. It does not pay for naturopaths, or for medication or ambulance services.
Apply for AHCIP by visiting one of the local registry agents or by mail
Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
Box 1360 Stn Main
Edmonton, AB T5J 2N3
Additional information can be obtained by calling toll free: 403-310-0000 and then dial 780-427-1432 or, visit the website for more information.
If you do not qualify for AHCIP, you may purchase health insurance from a private insurance company such as:
Keyano College Student’s Association Benefits Plan is facilitated by the Keyano College Student’s Association (SAKC). The Office of the Registrar manages the processing and paperwork for the SAKC. Brochures detailing the benefits and details of the plan are distributed at Orientation and are available in the Office of the Registrar.
For more information on the plan please contact the Office of the Registrar
Campus Health Services
Health services are provided through Keyano College Health Services. The College nurse provides confidential walk-in, on-campus health-care that includes health education and promotion with a wellness focus.