The Students Association of Keyano College (SAKC) offer awards throughout the year to the students, staff and faculty of Keyano College. The purpose of these awards is to celebrate the individuals who show great passion for the welfare of our student body. We offer:
The Awards and Bursaries that are awarded in the Fall Semester are to be administered by the College Awards Committee under the guidelines and qualifications of the Awards and Bursaries.
SAKC Student Recognition Night
The following award recipients are decided by the student body during our spring elections:
- King's Lounge and Patio Worker of the Year - awarded to an employee of the King's Lounge and Patio
- Faculty Member of the Year* - awarded to a faculty member within Keyano College
- Staff Member of the Year* - awarded to a staff member within Keyano College
- Lounge Lizard of the Year - awarded to a student based on hours accumulated in King's Lounge and Patio
The following award recipients are decided by the Executive Committee:
- Gold Award**
- Silver Award**
- Bronze Award**
Rick Mayuk Spirit of Keyano Award - Awarded to a current Keyano College student who contributes to College life through participation and leadership activities. They will demonstrate genuine support and concern for their peers. They must be maintaining at least a minimum pass in their program of study. Executive Committee members are not eligible for this award.
* this award can only be received by an individual once in any five year period
** awarded to a student who has served a minimum of one year on General Council. The student must have participated and shown some leadership qualities and commitment to student activities. Executive Council members are not eligible for this award.