If you are an Alberta employer and are having troubles filling a current job vacancy or looking to upgrade your current employee's skillset, HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE CANADA-ALBERTA JOB GRANT?
Do you want to decide on who gets what training and what type of training?
What is the Canada-Alberta Job Grant?
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is available to assist employers with skill shortages and maximize your skills training investment. It is an employer-driven training program that is part of the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta, and provides training grants to Alberta businesses to help hire and retain employees in their organizations. Employers must use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training, and training can take place at your choice - online, onsite or in a classroom setting.
Benefits to Employers (see the Applicant Guide for more details)
- Training cost savings - only 1/3 of the total associated cost of direct training is paid by the employer
- Government contributions can cover up to a maximum of $10,000 per employee per year
- Minimum 21 hours of training must start within 6 months of approval and be completed within 52 weeks of start date
- 3 easy, electronic applications to complete
- Courses can be spread out but must be completed within 6 months of training start date
- Increased productivity in employees
- Training investment
- Quick application processing time
- Higher profits/lower turnover
- Better skilled employees
Keyano can help!
Keyano has a pre-approved list of eligible courses and program areas for the Canada-Alberta Job Grant program. We can also assist with any customized training requests and the application process.
For more information about eligible courses, contact the School of Continuing Education at Keyano College.