Where can I find more information about the course?
For further information, please contact the School of Trades & Heavy Industrial at 780-791-4955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the payment options to register for the Power Lab?
Tuition is due in full when registering. The following types of payment are accepted:
• CREDIT CARD – Visa, MasterCard, and American Express accepted
• CHEQUE – Payable to Keyano College
• CASH or INTERAC – If registering in person
Do I have to purchase textbook(s) for my course?
Lab booklets will need to be purchased at the Keyano book store.
Where is my classroom located?
All training will be delivered in the Power Engineering and Process Operations Power Lab located at 8005 Franklin Avenue, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 2H7.
How do I become certified as a 4th Class Power Engineer?
Once you have successfully completed the 200 hour power lab course, you will be required to write the ABSA 4A and 4B exams to become certified.
If you have already written the exams, then you will need to submit the AB66 form to ABSA that you receive from the steam chief when you successfully complete the 200 hour power lab course.
How can I become certified as a 3rd Class Power Engineer?
Once you are a certified 4th Class Power Engineer, you can;
1. Apply to Keyano Colleges 3rd Class Power Engineering coop program. This program credits you 6 months steam time.
2. Apply to Keyano College’s 3rd Class CML program. This program credits you 6 months steam time.
3. You can challenge the ABSA exams without education but will require one (1) year of steam time.
For further information contact email@example.com or Donna Villa at Donna.Villa@keyano.ca 780-791-4955