Students must be at least 18 years of age, be physically fit, and have a full range of body motions.
Proof of registration in Grade 10 must be submitted, or student will be required to complete a college entrance test to demonstrate Grade 9 proficiency. There may be a fee for this test.
A High School Diploma is recommended due to regional industry employment requirements.
All applicants to Keyano College must demonstrate English Language proficiency prior to admission. Students who have been educated outside of Canada may be required to demonstrate English proficiency by completing one of the following tests:
- TOEFL iBT – minimum score of 71with no score below 17
- IELTS – minimum score of 5.5
- CAEL – minimum score of 60
- MELAB – minimum score of 60
- CLBA – minimum score of 7
For other ways to meet the English Language Proficiency requirement, please refer to the College Credit Calendar www.keyano.ca/creditcalendar.
Students will be required to complete an applicant profile to verify they are able to complete the physical demands of the occupation.
- Print off the HEO Application Form and HEO Applicant Profile.
- Fill them out and sign them.
- Indicate which date and training location you prefer.
- Send them to Office of the Registrar Heavy Equipment Admissions.
- Drop off in person at Office of the Registrar at the Clearwater Campus in Fort McMurray
- Mail to 8115 Franklin Ave, Fort McMurray AB T9H 2H7
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 780.791.4952
Once your application is reviewed, you will be contacted as to your accepted status. If you are accepted, you will be registered and sent instructions for payment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Admissions Advisor at 780.791.4962 or the Program Coordinator at 780.799.8609.
HEO Application Form 2015 07 17.pdf
HEO Applicant Profile 2015 07 17.pdf