Applications for the Fall 2014 will be open from April 1 - 25, 2014. Applications received before April 1 or after April 25 will not be processed.
Keyano College's four-week Haul Truck Operator course is designed to provide participants with essential skills needed to operate a haul truck safely and efficiently, based on manufacturer's recommendations and industry operating standards. The course runs every month of the year except for July and August.
Acceptance into the Haul Truck Operator course is based upon reviewing entrance requirements, interview, and physical demands testing. The course is conducted at the Suncor Energy Industrial Campus located at 160 MacKenzie Boulevard in Fort McMurray.
- Participants will work on Computer-based training modules covering the efficient operation of a haul truck using manufacturer's and industry standards. Participants must master each module before moving on to the next.
- Since it is always better to learn by doing, participants will practice skill sets on a simulator in a controlled environment. Each participant will master and demonstrate each skill set. Participants receive complete, consistent, objective feedback on their performance.
- Participants will study Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Assessment methods are of written theory and competence based testing. A completion certificate will be issued after successfully completing exercises, assignments, written exams, practical displays, and demonstration of competency, proving knowledge and skills of all modules.
Participants of the Haul Truck Operator course are eligible for a work-term experience interview, if the following criteria have been met:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED (for employer)
- Must adhere to attendance policy
- Must complete all required work within each training module
- Must obtain a "pass" grade in all training modules
- An up-to-date driver's abstract will be required
- Full payment of work-term fee (fully refunded if work-term is not obtained)
- Work term is at the discretion of the participating organizations
- Criminal background check may be required prior to work term placement
Fall 2014 (Applications open April 1 - 25, 2014)
- September 2 - September 26, 2014
- September 29 - October 24, 2014
- October 27 - November 21, 2014
- November 24 - December 19, 2014
Winter 2015 (Applications open August 15 - September 15, 2014)
- January 5 - January 30, 2015
- February 2 - February 27, 2015
- March 2 - March 27, 2015
- March 30, 2015 - April 24, 2015
Spring 2015 (Applications open November 1 - November 30, 2014)
- May 4 - May 29, 2015
- June 1 - June 26, 2015