Applications for the Winter 2015 are currently open from August 15 - September 15, 2014.
Keyano College's four-week Haul Truck Operator course is designed to provide participants with essential skills needed to operate a haul truck safely and efficiently, based on manufacturer's recommendations and industry operating standards. The course runs each month from September to June.
Acceptance into the Haul Truck Operator course is based upon reviewing entrance requirements, interview, and physical demands testing. The course is conducted at the Suncor Energy Industrial Campus located at 160 MacKenzie Boulevard in Fort McMurray.
- Participants will work on computer-based training modules covering the efficient operation of a haul truck using manufacturer's and industry standards. Participants must master each module before moving on to the next.
- Since it is always better to learn by doing, participants will practice skill sets on a simulator in a controlled environment. Each participant will master and demonstrate each skill set. Participants receive complete, consistent, objective feedback on their performance.
- Participants will study Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Assessment methods are of written theory and competence based testing. A completion certificate will be issued after successfully completing exercises, assignments, written exams, practical displays, and demonstration of competency, proving knowledge and skills of all modules.
See Admission Requirements for details on application and admissions process.
September - December 2014 -FULL and no longer accepting applications.
Currently accepting applications until September 15, 2014 for Winter 2015.
- January 5 - January 30, 2015
- February 2 - February 27, 2015
- March 2 - March 27, 2015
- March 30, 2015 - April 24, 2015
Spring 2015 (Will start accepting applications November 1 - November 30, 2014)
- May 4 - May 29, 2015
- June 1 - June 26, 2015