NOTE: If you applied between November 1 st and November 30th we will be notifying you in the new year of your status for the Spring Semester. Thank you for your patience.
Currently accepting Applications for the Fall 2015 Intake
Keyano College's four-week Haul Truck Operator course is designed to provide participants with essential skills needed to operate a haul truck safely and efficiently, based on manufacturer's recommendations and industry operating standards. The course runs each month from September to June.
Acceptance into the Haul Truck Operator course is based upon reviewing entrance requirements, DAT, Career Profile, Resume and physical demands testing. The course is conducted at the Suncor Energy Industrial Campus located at 160 MacKenzie Boulevard in Fort McMurray.
- Participants will work on computer-based training modules covering the efficient operation of a haul truck using manufacturer's and industry standards. Participants must master each module before moving on to the next.
- Since it is always better to learn by doing, participants will practice skill sets on a simulator in a controlled environment. Each participant will master and demonstrate each skill set. Participants receive complete, consistent, objective feedback on their performance.
- Participants will study Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Assessment methods are of written theory and competence based testing. A completion certificate will be issued after successfully completing exercises, assignments, written exams, practical displays, and demonstration of competency, proving knowledge and skills of all modules.
See Admission Requirements for details on application and admissions process.
Currently Accepting Applications for FALL 2015
· Last day to apply is Friday, March 6, 2015
· Last day to write the DAT in Fort McMurray is Thursday, April 2, 2015
· Last day to write an out-of-town DAT is Friday, March 20, 2015
- NOW CLOSED
- May 4 - May 29, 2015
- June 1 - June 26, 2015