This program is designed specifically for students who intend to pursue a career in accounting. Students may study part-time or full-time with day or evening courses.
Students in the Accounting program have two alternative streams of study. They may:
- study for the Bachelor of Administration, Bachelor of Management or Bachelor of Commerce degree (while also earning their Certificate and Diploma). These students would then (normally, but not necessarily) seek a professional accounting designation. The designations available are:
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Certified General Accountant (CGA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- study for the Certificate and Diploma in Accounting without intending to seek a university degree or an accounting designation. (Graduates of this stream would normally work in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, or as bookkeepers in a small or medium sized business.) Professional accounting societies now require a university degree in order to attain a professional accounting designation.